Chimay White Cap was the "last-born" of the Notre-Dame de Scourmont Abbey. Golden in colour, the beer combines a sweet and bitter balance.
The fresh hop and yeasty aroma comes with fruity touches of Muscat grapes and raisins, even ripe apples. This traditional Belgian beer is best savoured fresh and at a temperature of from 6 to 8°C, ideally in the distinctive Chimay chalice glass.
Chicken Tikka Masala
6 garlic cloves, finely grated
4 teaspoons finely grated peeled ginger
4 teaspoons ground turmeric
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 cups whole-milk yogurt (not Greek)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or vegetable oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup tomato paste
6 cardamom pods, crushed
2 dried chiles de árbol or 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
Steamed basmati rice (for serving)
1. Combine garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, and cumin in a small bowl. Whisk yogurt, salt, and half of spice mixture in a medium bowl; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and chill 4-6 hours. Cover and chill remaining spice mixture.
2. Heat ghee in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, tomato paste, cardamom, and chiles and cook, stirring often, until tomato paste has darkened and onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining half of spice mixture and cook, stirring often, until bottom of pot begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes with juices, crushing them with your hands as you add them. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often and scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot, until sauce thickens, 8-10 minutes.
4. Add cream and chopped cilantro. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 30-40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack inside sheet. Arrange chicken on rack in a single layer. Broil until chicken starts to blacken in spots (it will not be cooked through), about 10 minutes.
6. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, add to sauce, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Serve the curry with rice and cilantro sprigs
Recipe from http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chicken-tikka-masala
Image from https://myfancypantry.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/chkentikkamsala-04385.jpg
How to get this item
Standard Next Day Delivery
Order before 12pm
Mainland UK Orders over £200
Mainland UK Orders under £200
Scottish Highlands and Isle of Wight
Northern Ireland and Eire
Channel Islands exc Alderney & Sark
Order before 12pm
Click and Collect
Order before 4pm
Next day collection in-store
For full delivery details, please click here