Brewed with wheat and barley malt, flavours are accentuated with coriander, orange peel and liquorice. Best served chilled and in an elegant white wine glass, its appearance is slightly cloudy; highly aromatic with creamy, fresh texture, soft volume and a pleasantly long aftertaste.
Created to pair with a wide variety of culinary creations, Inedit's versatility also allows it to happily accompany bittersweet and spicy flavours.
When your restaurant is Costa Brava's elBulli -- consistently acclaimed as the best in the world -- you'd like to think you have some influence on what people drink with the food you create.
elBulli Head Chef Ferran Adrià and his team of sommeliers believe in the need for a beer to accompany and compliment the varied flavours found in modern gastronomy.
"There are many wonderful beers in the world, but none to accompany the entire meal." said Adrià, "Some people do not ask to drink beer because it's not glamorous."
Working in collaboration with Spanish brewery Estrella, Inedit Damm (4.8% ABV) was created in 2008 specifically to pair with and compliment food.
Inedit Damm was born from the need to have a beer to accompany haute cuisine with maximum respect; this virtue makes this beer quite unique.
Inedit works with a wide variety of culinary creations, including even the most complicated dishes based on citrus fruits and strong, bitter elements. Not too heavy, it works very well with appetisers and starters, salads and fatty fish. Inedit's versatility also allows it to happily accompany bittersweet and spicy flavours.
Brewed with wheat and barley malt, flavours are accentuated with coriander, orange peel and liquorice.
Best served chilled and in an elegant white wine glass, its appearance is slightly cloudy; highly aromatic, it is fruity and floral to the nose, with pleasant yeast detected and nuances of sweet spice. A creamy, fresh texture, soft volume and delicately carbonic with a pleasantly long aftertaste.
6 330ml bottles and 2 Inedit Glasses
Chicken Tikka Masala
6 garlic cloves, finely grated
4 teaspoons finely grated peeled ginger
4 teaspoons ground turmeric
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 cups whole-milk yogurt (not Greek)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or vegetable oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup tomato paste
6 cardamom pods, crushed
2 dried chiles de árbol or 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
Steamed basmati rice (for serving)
1. Combine garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, and cumin in a small bowl. Whisk yogurt, salt, and half of spice mixture in a medium bowl; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and chill 4-6 hours. Cover and chill remaining spice mixture.
2. Heat ghee in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, tomato paste, cardamom, and chiles and cook, stirring often, until tomato paste has darkened and onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining half of spice mixture and cook, stirring often, until bottom of pot begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes with juices, crushing them with your hands as you add them. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often and scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot, until sauce thickens, 8-10 minutes.
4. Add cream and chopped cilantro. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 30-40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack inside sheet. Arrange chicken on rack in a single layer. Broil until chicken starts to blacken in spots (it will not be cooked through), about 10 minutes.
6. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, add to sauce, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Serve the curry with rice and cilantro sprigs
Recipe from http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chicken-tikka-masala
Image from https://myfancypantry.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/chkentikkamsala-04385.jpg
How to get this item
Standard Next Day Delivery
Order before 12pm
Mainland UK Orders over £200
Mainland UK Orders under £200
Scottish Highlands and Isle of Wight
Northern Ireland and Eire
Channel Islands exc Alderney & Sark
Order before 12pm
Click and Collect
Order before 4pm
Next day collection in-store
For full delivery details, please click here