Terms and Conditions
- We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages. In the event that a product is unavailable when you place your order, we shall contact you to arrange replacement, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order.
- For orders of all items we normally aim to achieve delivery within 48 hours of your order (please allow upto seven days for delivery of your order.) However, if it is not possible to come to a mutually agreeable delivery arrangement within this timeframe delivery may take longer.
- We may use an independent courier. The courier will only attempt to deliver the product twice, after which we regret that you will be responsible for making your own arrangements with them for delivery. The products will be returned to our warehouse if they have not been collected from the courier 3 days after the second delivery attempt, and we reserve the right to pass on the cost of redelivery in this event.
- Mainland UK delivery is £9.95. Deliveries to Eire, Northern Ireland, some areas of Scotland, Scottish Highlands and Islands are subject to a delivery supplement. (for prices for delivery to different areas of the UK, see delivery page.) The total cost of delivery will be calculated during the checkout process using your postcode.
- We do not deliver to destinations outside the UK.
- All prices are inclusive of UK VAT.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mis-priced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience.
Cancellations and complaints
- You may cancel your order at any time until seven working days after delivery. Should you decide to cancel, all charges to you will be refunded as soon as the goods are returned in merchantable condition.
- In the event of complaint please e-mail email@example.com giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential and will be attended to by a senior manager or director.
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
- The www.ndjohn.co.uk Reward Points programme is operated and promoted by ND John Wine Merchants Ltd (90 Walter Road, Swansea SA1 4QF).
- ND John Wine Merchants reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or terminate the www.ndjohn.co.uk Reward Points programme at any time. ND John Wine Merchants will notify account holders of any changes to these Terms and Conditions by posting notices online at www.ndjohn.co.uk/rewards. ND John Wine Merchants will give account holders as much notice of any changes, suspension or termination as it reasonably can. Earning or redeeming points will constitute acceptance of any amended Terms and Conditions.
- If ND John Wine Merchants reasonably believes that an account holder is in breach of these Terms and Conditions or the account holder has abused the ND John Wine Merchants Reward Points programme, ND John Wine Merchants reserves the right to take any appropriate action, including suspending or terminating the account holder's Reward Points account.
- If the Reward Points programme or an individual account is terminated (for whatever reason) the account holder's (and any household members') rights to earn or redeem points are lost.
- Household members have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, or otherwise, to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to UK Law.
- Any dispute arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.
Reviews, Comments and Content
- Users of this website may post reviews, comments and other content. This right is extended on condition that the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable. Specifically, content should not include software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters or mass mailings.
- You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
- We reserve the right, to remove or edit any content.
- If you post content or submit material, unless indicated otherwise you:
- Grant ND John Wine Merchants and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
- Grant ND John Wine Merchants and its affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
- Agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to ND John Wine Merchants, the content and material is accurate; use of the content and material you supply does not breach any ND John Wine Merchants policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify ND John Wine Merchants and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against ND John Wine Merchants or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
- In the first instance please contact us by e-mail, fax or telephone, as indicated on your order confirmation email and on the website.
- This website is operated by ND John Wine Merchants Ltd. Registered address: Seawinds, Bryn Terrace, Mumbles, Swansea. Tel. 01792 644688, Fax. 01792 646600, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered in Wales: 4077219. VAT No: 762 5017 42.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the UK and any disputes will be decided only by the UK courts.
Last revision date: 24 August 2011